Updating and institutionalizing the UPM- (a manual for urban planning practices and procedures in the West Bank and Gaza through) through different phases and activities:
· Complete review and evaluation of the UPM copy prepared in 2010.
· Adding new aspects of the planning process, mainly that related to disaster reduction.
· Preparing an institutional framework for the dissemination and training on the UPM.
· Preparing training materials for both trainers and trainees.
In more detail, the UPM shall contribute to:
· Developing and establishing operational urban planning processes at national, regional and local level.
· Enhancing competence and capabilities of institutions responsible for the management of urban planning processes at national, regional and local level.
· Enhancing coordination and cooperation between institutions responsible for urban planning and stakeholders involved in urban planning and regulate Urban Planning operation among them.
· Develop and outline a practical approach for improving the quality and scope of urban planning;
· Provide a step-by-step guide to preparing improved urban plans with practical examples;
· Define and illustrate the expected outputs of each planning stage
· Provide practical references and tools for the different planning steps.