A seismic training course was held at An- Najah National University Withinthe activitiesofSupport Action for Strengthening Palestinian-administrated Areas capabilities for Seismic Risk Mitigation project in Palestine (SASPARM) implemented by An-Najah NationalUniversityin cooperationwith the European Centre for training and research in Earthquake Engineering "EUCENTRE” and the Institute for Advanced Study (IUSS) in Pavia - Italy within the "FP7" European projects.
The Training course presented by Eng. Hatem AlWahsh and addressed the following points:
1. Seismic Instruments and their components (Hammer, Geophones, Cables, etc.).
2. Seismic waves and their propagation.
3. Software used for analyzing the data.
4. Training on the seismic instruments:
- Seismograph (Summit X Stream), 24 channels, 24 bit operated by a full
computer like keyboard and mouse pointing device.
- Geospace Seismometer Station 1 H2 (Sensors HZ-1) provided with
connector for Summit.
The above mentioned Seismic instruments were funded by the FP7.
The course duration was 3 days, and participated in a session of 11 young researchers.